Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Judy and the Beast

Working the book exhibition involved greeting and counting the people as they came on board and wouldn't you know it but I was teamed up with this guy who was so rude...obnoctious and certainly most arrogant ( I thought to myself  "who let this clown out of the circus"...lol) Self righteous me was in for a reality check!
He was in his Leather black jacket, drank Beer, loved worldly music, talked to much (cause he was nervous being around me "don't blame him after all I'm Miss perfect and he couldn't touch this ;) I just plain right out could not stand the poor sucker and to think that he was to teach and help me the whole time I was there
"God you sure have a sense of humour". Everyday...all day I would work together with this guy and while sitting down to lunch one day some friends told me that there is someone on the ship who likes me "my imagination went wild...could it be this handsome hunk or that Pastors son , the Evangelist  ect. oh! the suspense was killing me, then she tells me later on that day that it is Leonard ???? IF HE IS THE LAST MAN ON EARTH I WOULD NOT EVEN DARE TO DREAM OF HIM IN THAT MANNER...I screamed it out and told them that he does not stand a chance and to make matters worse I worked closely with Leonard everyday and however he kept his distance ,my friend told him that I was outraged.  As time went on we became friends cause there was no awkwardness between us anymore and I think that the pressure was of him in trying to win me instead his Game Plan changed to allowing me to see that he is a Loving...Caring man who needs to be loved just like anyone else. Smooth operator!

South Africa has the worst ocean currents in the world and the Seas was so rough that the ship would dip into the waters and up again (like a roll-a-coaster from Hell) I was so sick during the voyage that I would lay in my bunk and pray for land- my stomach was so sensitive not being able to move without puking and having the dizziness to go with that yuck! we would have crew members laying out all over the ship sea sick and the only thing that was recommended to eat was toast and apples, food was the last thing on any ones mind! Leonard had a stomach of steel no stormy sea was going to keep him down or in the way of Love so he sent me a message to come up on deck cause all the friends were hanging out and there was no way that I was going to let anyone see zombie walking, I pulled myself together and went up on deck and there he was with a plate full of  peeled and sliced apples dipped in peanut butter ready to serve me so that I could get some strength back from the living dead...lol and the romance begins "Judy and the Beast" I was to weak to fight him so I just eat the apples and thanked him. It took us three days to finally reach land and the moment we were allowed on land I kissed the ground and thanked God for it..lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment